(Recipe for Biscuits below...)
Tonight Eric, Tommy and I prepared Sushi together, and I made a new recipe for Whole Wheat Biscuits. Here is the recipe...
Douglas' Whole-Wheat Biscuits.
1. Preheat oven to 475 (I know that you might think that this is too high, but trust me, so did
I and the biscuits were MARVELOUS! Don't worry about using a VERY HOT OVEN...)
2. Combine the following in a large mixing bowl.
-1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup white flour
-3 teaspoons Baking Powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/3 cup of butter, cut into very small cubes,
3. Slowly mix with a hand mixer until the mixture is the texture of fine sand.
4. Add 3/4 cup Milk (Soy Milk is a fine alternative. Water will also do in a pinch.) Knead with a fork until
5. Knead for 30 seconds on heavily floured surface. Roll to 3/4" thick.
6. Cut out biscuits and place on oiled Pyrex baking sheet. Lightly brush the tops with Butter or Olive Oil. Salt
and pepper the tops to taste.
7. Bake at 475 for 12-15 min.
8. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minuets before plating and serving.
Eat in front of the projector watching David Lynch's Twin Peaks to really complete the day...